12.10.2012

Holly's Wedding Cakes

Keeley and I made cakes for her friend's wedding in October. We ended up with entirely too much cake, but it was nice to have four different options for the guests.



Despite my hands being covered in frosting most of the time, I got a few photos of Keeley assembling one of the cakes. If you don't have much experience in frosting, here are some step-by-step photos. There are two things I highly recommend: (1) watch this cake frosting tutorial from Zoe Bakes and (2) freeze the cake layers overnight before assembling.

We colored fondant and cut circles to look like confetti. Keeley and I were both happy that the cakes fit right in with the rest of the reception decorations. Transporting the cakes the morning of the wedding was a little stressful, but we made it, and we didn't drop any cakes!












No comments:

Post a Comment