For my last week at work in Tulsa
My aunt Lisa's recipe
(3) 9" diameter layers:
2 C sugar
1 1/2 C vegetable or coconut oil
2 C grated baby carrots
8 1/2 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 C chopped pecans
2 C flour
1 1/2 t baking soda
1 t salt
2 t baking powder
2 t cinnamon
cream cheese frosting:
3/4 C unsalted butter
12 ounces low fat cream cheese
2 t vanilla extract
1 1/2 # powdered sugar, sifted
1 T milk or heavy cream
For the cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Grease and flour three cake pans.
2. Beat together sugar, oil and eggs.
3. Add grated carrots, drained pineapple and pecans.
4. Sift together dry ingredients and add to wet mixture. Mix until everything is just incorporated.
5. Divide batter into pans and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
For the frosting:
1. Beat butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
2. Gradually add sifted powdered sugar.
3. Add vanilla extract. Add milk or heavy cream for extra fluffy frosting.
Store frosted cake in refrigerator.
For a tutorial on creating roses, take a look at this tutorial from Zoe Bakes.